Sales Manager | FMCG-Food
FMCG, Food Production, Food & Beverages
DU, FR, EN
5.500€ - 6.500€
About the companyOur client is a family-run European company headquartered in Germany recognized as one of the leading biscuit manufacturers in Europe. The company has taken in that purpose a strong position in the Indulgence market and snacking with biscuits, waffles, chocolate bars and cake products. In Belgium, the organisation is represented by a dozen of dedicated individuals that commercialize well-known brands in the snacking segment with ambitious plans moving forward.
Your challengeAs Sales Manager, you’ll be part of a matricial European organisation, you’ll be reporting into the European Commercial Director.
As Sales Manager Belgium, you will developing the commercial strategy for the business from A-Z. You’ll be securing the annual negotiations with the major retailers and hard discounters in Belgium as well as implement the most relevant promotional plans in accordance with the Marketing Department. The role of Sales Manager is a central function in the local business as he/she will touch based with the internal stakeholders to decline the sales strategy into proficient action plans (marketing & logistic).
He/ She will lead the Field Sales Team and Commercial Assistant to secure playing an active role in the expansion of the market positions and be in charge of turnover, profitability and market share optimization.
- Lead figure in the Belgian Team.
- Define and execute the sales strategy to deliver upon targeted volume, revenue and margin results.
- Negotiate annual contracts, sales targets and rebates with all the Belgian Food Retailer & OOH customers and monitor & control contract realization, taking corrective measures where needed.
- Plan and control the sales & rebate-development.
- Ongoing reporting and monitoring of performances and proposing corrective measures to improve the result.
- Lead the understanding of trade and competitor dynamics.
- Lead, Coach, motivate and develop the sales team.
- Close cooperation with marketing to achieve the market goals.
- Participate in international meeting, ensure country-representation and manage the efficient flow of information from the Group.
- Lead and support the logistics flow, including stock management.
What’s their offer?The company offers a stable working environment, oriented on commercial results and also emphasizing on people’s ownership and self-development. The small size of the business requires flexibility, working outside of the boxes and sometime patience. You’ll find there a place to set organisational new ideas and implement them. The international matrix allows you to hold in this position a central function in Belgium while being supported by a whole set of departments and peers in the other countries.
- A sound economic education (minimum bachelor, ideally university degree)
- Min. 5 years’ experience in sales in FMCG Food or non-Food
- Proven negotiation skills with TOP3 retailers.
- Solid financial and market analytics know how.
- Strong motivator and people skills.
- Capable of working autonomously while being collaborative
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- A result-driven, entrepreneurial, proactive and hands-on attitude
Frequently Asked Questions
Even if your predominant profile today is not the same as the one in the job description, you can still apply for the job because this tool is not intended to be discriminatory in any way, it is simply informative.
Discovering your profile helps you better understand what your aspirations are at this point in your career and seeing the one sought by the company for a specific position can give you insights about their company culture and the attitude they are looking for. It is thus always interesting to compare both. However, we all have a part of each GRAM profile within us and the predominance of one profile over the others stands out at certain stages of our career and can change at any time, depending on our needs at a specific moment.
Therefore, you can apply for the position even if your dominant profile today is not the same as the one indicatively displayed on the job, that will never be a problem. Don’t hesitate to discuss this with one of our consultants if this isn’t perfectly clear to you yet, we will be happy to provide you more information about the GRAM.
Another question? Contact us!