Key Account Manager Europe - Travel Retail Channel | Premium Food
Retail, Food & Beverages
EN, FR, DU
Our client is one of the Belgian’s jewel in the premium chocolate segment. From their HQ located in Brussels, they are commercialising some of the finest original Belgian gourmet brands around the world . Even though the Brands resonate around the world, the Company is operating as a lean and professional SME.
In this context, the Travel Retail Dpt, has always delivered for the company a unique window to the Internationalisation of the Brands and still is. To secure the redeployment of their unique chocolate experience in this Premium & International channel, we have been mandated to recruit a (m/f):
“Key Account Manager - Travel Retail Channel - Europe”
Reporting to the “Travel Retail & Business Development Direcor”, you will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of the commercial & promotional activities of the Brands with the main operators based in the Benelux.
You will execute the annual sales and marketing plans towards the biggest accounts in the Travel Retail channel and are fully responsible for the implementation of the negotiated contracts & plans with your counterparts.
You will be working closely with the Buyers and Stakeholders to secure the best first & second placements for the Brands as well as identifying any new opportunities to generate additional image building, reinforcement activations and grow marketshare.
To secure the right level of execution in the field and to build the brand In the Travel Retail Ecosystem, you will lead and manage, a Merchandiser and a Chef Chocolatier who will directly report back to you.
- You hold a key position in the Team while managing the largest travel retail customer for the company, driving top line sales and managing closely the budgets & investments.
- You seek to develop the long-term partnerships with the existing Travel Retail accounts by understanding the dynamic of the Accounts and its representatives.
- As true entrepreneur, you keep your eyes open to grasp any relevant opportunities and rationaly investigate their feasibility (budget/expected return).
- You build the company brand and develop, in close cooperation with the customers, the business plans to grow profits, sales and market share.
- You develop market insights knowledge to define, create and adjust the strategies.
- You are responsible of the negotiations and the implementation of the negotiated plans at store level (merchandising analysis, activation of marketing actions, relationship management with stores staff, trainings supervision, etc...).
- You manage all stakeholders related to the airport ecosystem (the travel retail operator, the airport and the airline) to grow the brand awareness.
- You evaluate the results of the account plan through indepth evaluation of the sales & marketing plan (price promotions, Out of Shelve actions, Catman optimization,…) and take pragmatic decisions to optimize actions
- Hold a Master degree and have minimum 5 years' experience in a sales position with structured retail chains.
- Be result oriented while creating a real customer value
- Show passion and pleasure for food or fine gourmet goods
- Have strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrate process driven sales approach
- Use strong analytical skills and critical thinking to help solve the key business issues
- Be open to feedbacks, new perspectives; continued learning and self-development
- Have a positive, empathic, flexible, hands-on and committed approach.
- Speak fluently English with a good level of French and/or Dutch
Attractive points in the role
Our client offers the possibility to work for a leading Belgian premium chocolate manufacturer with a worldwide outreach. You will join a passionate, constantly growing, and innovative company, where your expertise, your creativity and your entrepreneurship mentality will be acknowledged and valorised.
You’ll be able to stamp the Company’s return in the famous and glamorous world of Travel Retail after more than a year of pandemic that impacted the whole industry of Traveling.
You’ll be able to work in an international environment daily while operating from the HQ office based in Brussels.
Share this job