Jr Category Trade Manager | Food
Food Production, Food & Beverages
EN, FR, DU
Our client is one of the top FMCG food companies, and their brands are iconic for their tastes - anchored in the Belgian culture - as well as for their fun & out of the box communication tone of voice.
In Belgium, the Marketing Team is composed of 20+ people, operating in offices in regio Mechelen.
Today, they are looking to recruit a :
Jr. Category Trade Manager
who will directly report to the Trade Marketing Manager.
The mission of this role is to drive profitable volume growth of categories and products in customer portfolio and to secure the link between the company strategy and the execution in the local market in order to achieve value creation both for the customers and the company.
As Junior Category Trade Manager, you will be responsible to drive category & market intelligence and to implement the trade marketing strategy within the different channels and clients. You will work on various pricing, promotions and category management projects, as well as on the trade budget and reporting of all activities.
More specifically, you will be responsible for the following:1. Category & market intelligence
- Analysis of market, trade and category performance and translation of these data into recommendations to develop the category and GB Foods brands
- Defining, analyzing and follow up on market trends on retail side in order to get a better understanding of customer needs with regards to a specific category
- Communication of the category plans and key priorities to the sales team (KAMs & field) in order to ensure the right execution
- Translation of national promotion plan into promo plans per retailer in collaboration with the Key Account Manager ensuring alignment with customer strategy
- Follow up sales coupon budget with Key Account Managers
- Follow-up competitors’ promotions at main retailers (folder and in-store)
- Provide input for the trade story
- Follow up listing status
- Forecast of innovations/in out items and follow up NPI trackers
- Manage tailor made activation plans (promo & visibility tools)
- Manage and monitor the budget allocated to tailor made activations
- Analyses of results & conclusions; development of best practices
- You hold a University degree (preferably in Applied Economics / Commercial Engineering / Commercial Sciences)
- A first relevant work experience in an analytical function or in the area of POS, promotions and trade/channel management concepts is a plus
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch, French and English
- You are sructured, analytical and with a good eye for details
- You have strong skills working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and any specific research systems (Nielsen, IRI..)
- You demonstrate a strong commercial mindset and communicative skills
- You can work independently, solve problems and act pro-actively
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, a ‘can-do’ mentality and a sense of responsibility
- You are innovative, curious and eager to learn
- You are a team player
- You are passionate about food, consumers and marketing
What's in it for you?
- An entrepreneurial function with an immediate impact on the company’s results.
- You will benefit from the coaching of the Trade Marketing Manager and colleagues with a solid experience in FMCG
- You will be at the heart of strategic decisions and launch of innovations
- A competitive package and an environment that stimulates and facilitates business and personal development
Frequently Asked Questions
Even if your predominant profile today is not the same as the one in the job description, you can still apply for the job because this tool is not intended to be discriminatory in any way, it is simply informative.
Discovering your profile helps you better understand what your aspirations are at this point in your career and seeing the one sought by the company for a specific position can give you insights about their company culture and the attitude they are looking for. It is thus always interesting to compare both. However, we all have a part of each GRAM profile within us and the predominance of one profile over the others stands out at certain stages of our career and can change at any time, depending on our needs at a specific moment.
Therefore, you can apply for the position even if your dominant profile today is not the same as the one indicatively displayed on the job, that will never be a problem. Don’t hesitate to discuss this with one of our consultants if this isn’t perfectly clear to you yet, we will be happy to provide you more information about the GRAM.
Another question? Contact us!