Category Manager | FMCG
Food Production, Food & Beverages
EN, FR, DU
To reinforce their Marketing Team, we are looking for a
Category Manager (m/f/x)
for their office in Brussels.
What’s in it for you ?
- An employer that is continuously staying up to date with the latest trends and market developments, scanning for new opportunities to act fast
- A dynamic environment with an energetic team at a successful brand company that likes to win
Your challengeAs Category Manager, you are part of the Marketing Team and report to the Trade Marketing Manager in Brussels.
Your aim will be to increase the awareness of the shopper that frozen food is a fresh, nutritious, and sustainable option for every (veggie) meal. You will work on changing the perception of frozen and make the frozen aisle more attractive to the shopper. You will have significant interaction with the Sales team and other departments on-site.
Your responsibilitiesMore specifically, your responsibilities would be to:
- Partner up with the Key Account Managers to develop and implement joint business plans
- Based on qualitative and quantitative sources, map the developments within the categories in an understandable way and advise the retailers of your optimum shopper-based strategy
- Support the Trade Marketing Manager in transferring the Brand Strategy into a 4P plan, helping to achieve commercial category plans
- Work on a better segmentation to dedicating more space to growth categories within frozen
- Provide Channel & Customer related insights to deliver targets on Distribution, Promotion, Pricing and Perfect Store
- Contribute to Revenue Growth Management by setting up the guidelines around mix management, monitoring implementation and evaluating results
- Use these findings to challenge and improve the plans across categories, focusing on improving your KPI's : category growth, distribution gains, share of shelf and /or space gains and successful NPD launches
- Ensure new launches / relaunches are perfectly implemented at customer level with “best in class” synchronisation of 360 communication.
- Perform the monthly reporting of insights by using Nielsen sell-out data
- At least 1-2 years experience related to Category Management or Trade Marketing, ideally within FMCG
- Relevant Academic Degree
- Excellent IT skills – Excel, Nielsen, PowerPoint & Word
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch, French & English
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive thinker with a creative mindset and hands-on mentality
- Agile mindset and high intention to detail
- Highly energetic and passionate personality
Frequently Asked Questions
Even if your predominant profile today is not the same as the one in the job description, you can still apply for the job because this tool is not intended to be discriminatory in any way, it is simply informative.
Discovering your profile helps you better understand what your aspirations are at this point in your career and seeing the one sought by the company for a specific position can give you insights about their company culture and the attitude they are looking for. It is thus always interesting to compare both. However, we all have a part of each GRAM profile within us and the predominance of one profile over the others stands out at certain stages of our career and can change at any time, depending on our needs at a specific moment.
Therefore, you can apply for the position even if your dominant profile today is not the same as the one indicatively displayed on the job, that will never be a problem. Don’t hesitate to discuss this with one of our consultants if this isn’t perfectly clear to you yet, we will be happy to provide you more information about the GRAM.
Another question? Contact us!